Friday, September 16, 2011

It is all about God’s timing

Well, we’ve hit a little delay.  When we started our home study at the beginning of August, we thought we’d be on the waiting list by the end of the month.  We were delayed in the middle of August by an oversight and thought we’d absolutely be on the the waiting list by now.  But we’re not.  And that is ok.  It is now looking like our home study will not be complete for another month so we probably won’t be on the waiting list until the end of October.  We started this process in April so as it stands right now, it looks like it is going to take us about 7 months to make it to the official waiting list.  Have I mentioned what a process adoption is?  It is not for the faint of heart but man oh man I can’t wait for the blessing that is coming at the end of this road!

 

As I have told you before, God has been teaching us so many things along this journey and I have no doubt that this is just a part of His plan.  All of this in His timing and I have had to learn that sometimes God works through delays.  Before we learned about the length of our delay, we attended our church (Lake Murray Baptist Church) Sunday and heard an incredible message about how God works through tragedy.  With Sunday marking the 10th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11, our pastor focused on how God knew what was going to happen and how he loves us and being fully God and fully man, he knows how we feel when we go through hard times.  He also referenced the death of Lazarus and how God was able to work through a delay in allowing him to die and then raising him up from the dead so that people would see the glory of God and be drawn to Him even though they had to go through a few days of sadness.  I believe that God is sovereign and sometimes he works through delays.  I believe God never leaves us and is working through our tragedies.  I feel like my biggest “tragedy” to date is knowing I will not be able to have children.  God knew that was going to be part of my story of life and yet he still allowed it to happen.  I have been very sad and confused why God chose for this to happen to me.  But I can tell you that over these last few months, He is using all of that to make me rely on Him more and trust in His plan for my life.  Even this delay we have hit this week, I know it is all part of our plan and I ask that you pray that God will continue to provide us with the strength and comfort we will need as we continue this journey. 

 

This week has also been a very reflective week in terms of mine and Scott’s marriage.  Two years ago, Scott and I were in marriage counseling on the verge of the nasty D word I don’t like to say.  Praise God that He performed an absolute miracle in our marriage and that it is stronger now than it has ever been.  He is the God of restoration and the teacher of forgiveness.  I praise God for molding my husband into such a wonderful leader of our home and thank Him for humbling me and teaching me how to be a godly wife.  Even through the stress of this home study (which by the way, the devil has tried his best to try and come between us), I am so proud that we have stood together as a team and not fallen into what the devil’s desires were and stood strong, trusting God, with each day.  I can’t wait to see Scott holding our precious little one….he is going to be such an awesome dad!

 

We are heading to the first home game of the season Saturday so GO COCKS!!!

 

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment