Friday, August 5, 2011

On the road again…

Today is a travel day.  We left Lexington at 5am this morning to drive straight to upstate New York to see Scott’s family.  The unfortunate part is we are driving it back straight on Monday…2 days of traveling for 2 days of visiting.  Have I mentioned I don’t travel well or that I am prone to car sickness……

 

We had our first visit of our home study yesterday with our social worker Tricia.  She went ahead and scheduled the remaining 3 visits and she said her hope is that we would be live on the web site by the end of August.  YAY!  This excites me very much.  If we get on the official waiting list at the end of August, that will be the 4 month mark from when we started this journey.  After we are “live”, birthmothers will be able to look at our family profile as well as our photo book and our YouTube video.  I literally know people that have only been “live” 10 days prior to being matched with a birthmother and others that have waited for over a year.  It is all in the Lord’s hands and we trust His timing will be perfect.

 

On another note, the children’s shelter that I work at has opened up a ministry opportunity to our Sunday school class.  We are going to be taking meals over once a month and have a time of games and fellowship afterwards.  Our first time going was last night and it was a blast.  Since the house parents are away on vacation, we actually get to do it once a week for 3 weeks Smile  The kids absolutely love it and look forward to meeting new faces and having fun!

 

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment