Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend of Wonderful!

This past weekend was super busy but great!  We had our second garage sale Saturday morning and raised $593!  Woo Hoo!!!  We are planning our next sale for mid-late August.

 

We attended our Sunday School social at Justin and Holly Love’s house.  It was a wonderful fiesta filled with lots of great food and awesome people.  I am just amazed like our class is only 1 year old and has grown from 4 couples to now 15!!  Seriously an amazing God thing.

 

Sunday we had a great message from Rob Tims at Lake Murray Baptist Church and then I had my first baby shower in the afternoon.  I am so blessed to have so much support from such wonderful family and friends.  My aunt Donna’s house looked great and the fellowship was wonderful.  And the gifts were so sweet!  Baby Wilbert got lots of goodies from a Bumbo, little loveys, fun books and toys, car gear, gift certificates (will come in handy for the bedding!) and many other awesome things! 

 

We also got most of our furniture in on Thursday.  We have set up the crib and the dresser/hutch and are just waiting on the chest of drawers.  I must say that I LOVE the furniture.  It is a dark espresso finish and it will look even better once I get to buy bedding Smile

 

UPDATE:  Our home study is about to start!  Our first meeting is Thursday morning!  YAY!  I am very excited to get this underway so then we can be “live” on the web site.  Our social worker said to plan on about 2-3 weeks to have everything complete with the home study. 

 

I am off to work now….got 1 contract negotiated over the weekend, still negotiating another and taking out a first time homebuyer this afternoon.  What a great job!

 

Happy Monday!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment