Friday, July 22, 2011

Adoption Garage Sale

I decided July 7th over lunch with Scott that we should have a garage sale to raise money to help fund our adoption.  To be honest, we had SO much in our house that we needed to get rid of in order to make room for the baby.  Then, the idea expanded right before we parted ways that day to head back to work.  I thought it might not be a bad idea to ask our family and friends if they had anything they needed to get rid of that they might consider allowing us to sell in our garage sale.  We put word out that afternoon and the response was overwhelming!

God provided so many items through our precious friends and family.  I will never be able to truly say how grateful and thankful I am for everyone's generosity.  We had our first garage sale last Saturday on the 16th.  We were able to sell some items via Facebook during the week leading up to the sale as well.  By lunchtime on the 16th, God has provided almost $1,500!!!!

We are planning another garage sale next Saturday, July 30th and then hopefully another one in the middle of August.  If you feel led to donate any "junk", Scott and I are more than willing to bring over a trailer and pick up anything you may be willing to give.

God has been walking with Scott and I so closely during this process.  He has revealed himself in so many ways already (I will write a separate blog on that soon).  Last week was such a humbling and overwhelming experience.  I told Scott we might make a couple of hundred dollars so you can imagine how we felt when the money was counted.  God is so good and he is forever faithful!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment