Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beautiful children

Happy Wednesday!  What a beautiful sunny day it is today….where was this yesterday when I went to the water park in Charleston with the kids from the children’s shelter?  We were literally freezing….like chill bumps and everything because it was cold and rainy.  We picked them up early yesterday morning and I didn’t get home until almost 10 but I had LOTS of fun! 

 

This summer, I have learned so much about DSS and the way “the system” works.  More than anything though, I have been blessed by the beautiful children who are there.  This summer we started out with 13 children and through the weeks, some have left, others have come and as of today, there are 7.  Each one of them has been very special to me and God has truly touched me in a very real way as I have talked with them and built relationships.  These children come from homes that I cannot imagine or circumstances I cannot fathom.  I praise God that He gave me such wonderful parents who always loved and supported me throughout my upbringing and still in adulthood.  I just want to be that solid figure for these children.  I just want them to know that I am here for them, I love them and they can trust me.  I am super excited to continue working closely with the shelter even after the summer ends Smile

 

I have asked Scott to begin praying with me about being open to being foster parents down the road.  I do not think it is in God’s plan for us to do this tomorrow, or even next year but I do feel He has given me such a burden for these beautiful children and I will continue to pray His will be done in my life, in whatever way He decides.

 

We don’t have any new developments in our adoption as of right now….hoping to start the home study next week!

 

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment