Sunday, April 8, 2012

1 brave little boy, 2 very scared parents

Monday, April 2nd at 8am, we walked into Palmetto Richland Children’s Hospital for Parker’s surgery.  Walking through those hospital doors with a 5 week old to the day precious baby, Scott and I were a little LOT bit nervous.  I was tearful the entire drive to the hospital but prayed that God would continue to heal Parker as he has done from the beginning.  I truly do believe that God is Parker’s healer.  I give him all the honor and credit for that.  I love that Parker’s doctors are amazing and talented but I know they are only God’s instruments, His hands to do His work on Parker.  Around 10am, they finally told us that it was time for us to tell Parker bye and they escorted us to the waiting room where we waited.  The surgery officially started around 10:20 and took right at an hour to do everything they needed to do including casting, fitting for braces and removing the little skin tag from the hand.  I got to go see him in recovery around 11:30 to feed him a bottle since he hadn’t eaten since 1:30am….our boy eats by the way so he was missing that bottle.  Around noon, they took us up to a private room where we stayed for the night.  The next morning, Dr. Hydorn came by and released us early so we could go home and love on Parker from the comfort of our home…thank goodness!  Here is the only picture I took from my phone.  Thank you again Lord for watching over Parker during our surgery!

2012-04-02_20-52-30_652

No comments:

Post a Comment