Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thank you Lord for beautiful feet

The day after we got home from the beach, I took Parker back to the ortho to get his cast off.  Hopefully this will be his last cast he will ever have to wear!  When Dr. Locke took it off, his foot looked beautiful!  It was in the proper position and we knew the second surgery was successful!  I am so thankful that Parker’s foot is now able to flex like God designed it to do and that it is turned the way it is supposed to so that as he grows he will be able to run, jump, hop…whatever he chooses to do on those beautiful feet. 

We will continue to do a lot of stretching, strengthening (Johnny jump up mainly) and conditioning so that he will continue to make progress.  The game plan is to wear the brace/ boots /dobbs bar another few months for 23 hours a day and then hopefully just wear it at nap and bedtime for a few years.  I give God the glory first for what he has done so quickly in Parker’s foot.   I know that He is Parker’s healer and I have trusted Him from the beginning to take care of Parker.   Second, I have to give major props to the doctors we have seen and just how amazing this whole Ponseti method to treat club foot.  I am so thankful to live in a country where this is available. 

IMG_6682

IMG_6683

                           Thank you Lord for this beautiful child

IMG_6685

                                        and for his beautiful feet

No comments:

Post a Comment