Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What’s for lunch?

Parker has tried pretty much all the Stage 1 foods that Gerber has to offer.  We started him on veggies and then introduced the fruits because I thought if he had the sweet fruits first, he might not eat the veggies but actually I think he prefers the veggies.  After the first few weeks, his favorites are sweet potatoes, carrots and squash.  His least favorite is definitely sweet peas.  He is SUCH a good eater.  He just shovels it in.  I really mean it, he actually helps you feed him.  He assists your hand in getting it in his mouth because you aren’t doing it fast enough!  As of today, he is eating 1 container mid-morning or lunchtime and another around dinnertime.  I think we are about to increase it to 3 a day because he is a machine.  He is still getting 4-5 bottles a day, most of them 6 oz but we are now giving him a 8 oz bottle at night to help get him through the night.  His typical night is still about 12 hours of sleep with maybe 1 or 2 wake ups where he just needs a few pats on the back and his paci to get back to sleep.  We are so proud of him and how wonderful he is doing.  What a blessing Parker is to us!

IMG_6694

IMG_6697

No comments:

Post a Comment