Is enough to make me want to scream some days! For four months, Parker’s clubfoot has been a part of our daily lives. Having an infant with a full leg cast is a challenge – sponge baths, being extra careful with diaper changes for a little boy, trying to keep the reflux off the cast, you get the picture. Last week I really wanted to scream though. Parker was not himself beginning Saturday night. All day Sunday I knew something was not quite right. Monday it continued and finally I called Scott at work to say it had to be something with his cast. Scott called the ortho and he said to come first thing Tuesday morning. We did and after they took his cast off, he saw that there was a problem with the pin in his foot. The “pin” is more like a really long nail with a marble on the end. The “marble” was now going up into his foot and causing a lot of discomfort and pain. Dr. Hydorn decided to remove the pin right then and there and I almost lost my tummy as I watched. Parker is such a little trooper though. They casted him again immediately and he settled right down and slept on the ride home. He has not been fussy since so I know that was the problem. It is hard enough with a baby who can’t tell you where it hurts and then to add this element just makes things extra interesting at times. This makes 2 times that we have run into unforeseen issues and I have just reached a point where I am over it. I am ready to be done with casts for Parker’s sake. I know we still have a long road of the braces, boot, bar and all that jazz but at least I can always see what is going on. Oh yeah….and we can bathe him again. Thank you Jesus for the little things that are so easily taken for granted!
No comments:
Post a Comment